zaterdag 31 mei 2008

One hell of a combo in Ypres!

Today, when I parked my car in Ypres, I spotted a yellow TVR Chimaera 450! After buying a drink (so I had some change to buy a parking-ticket...), I took some pictures. What a beautiful car, never saw one before. But hey? There was another TVR on the parking! (TVR Griffith 500)
When I was looking at that one, I just couldn't believe what I saw... Another English supercar! An Aston Martin DB7 Vantage was parked behind the Griffith. What a day!
But it got better...
Behind the church, there was another blue TVR Chimaera 450 parked. A very nice location, very nice pics. Too bad the yellow Chimaera wasn't parked next to this one... I walked away, and saw the yellow one driving away... parking his one next to the blue one! There is a god! (yeah right...)
The friendly owner opened the car and the hood, so I could take all the pics I wanted.
Also some nice pics of a black Mitsubishi EvoVII and a 35th anniversary Morgan.


Now some technical details...
The Griffith 500 has a powerful 5.0l V8 engine (By TVR, not a Rover-engine, like the Griffith 200 & 400) and it's a lightweight-car (1060kg, so the 340hp are more than enough).
Acc. 0-100km/h : 4,1 sec. This is faster than an Aston Martin Vanquish S or even a Ferrari 612! Topspeed is 272km/h.
The Chimaera 450 (the yellow and blue one) also have the V8-engine, but not the 5l. The 4.5l. has 285hp, acc. 0-100km/h in 4.6sec (still pretty fast...) and a topspeed of 254km/h.
Ok, now the biggest engine : The Aston Martin DB7 Vantage.
Of course this one needs 'The' engine. The 6l. V12 with 420hp. Topspeed : 298km/h.
Because this car is so big and heavy, acceleration is not that fast. 0-100km/h : 5.0 sec.
The Evo VII... Is it a supercar, or not? It's the streetversion of a rally car, with lots of spoilers and big wheels, but with a 2l. engine...
Still it's faster than lots of more expensive cars. Acc. 4.6sec and a topspeed of 260km/h.

The Morgan Plus 8... It looks like crap, but it's something special. Looks like it was made in the fifties, but was built in 2003. This one is a '35th anniversary'. (190 build)

Geen opmerkingen: